Client Project: Solution Consultants
Solution Consultants are energy and building services engineers – they handle a large scoping project for ResiTech, a service agency of the NSW Department of Housing.
Programming Project Period:
February 2006 to February 2007
Programming Job Description:
Microsoft Access Designer and Programmer, Microsoft Outlook and Visual Basic Programmer.
Converted an amateur and problematic ResiTech Microsoft Access database into an acceptable administration system:
- Analysed the requirements of Solution Consultants and rebuilt the Microsoft Access Database to handle the administrative requirements of the Scopers.
- Created routines to import Excel spreadsheets to the Access database.
- Converted the 10 imports into a normalised database structure.
- Added error handling and error logging to all procedures.
- Added an option to Compress the database.
- Added security to prevent users changing Tables and Queries.
- Extended the Switchboard Menu from 8 to 16 options with Sub Menus.
- Ran an Access analyser and eliminated errors, inefficiencies and problems
- Created a Diary System.
- Split the Access Database into Front-End and Back-End databases.
- Created a global Formatting routine to ensure that all Forms and Controls have a consistent Colour, alignment and Size.
- Eliminated inconsistencies in the 6000 housing records.
- Imported all Australian Post Codes into a Table. Ensured that all supplied addresses have the correct post code and suburb.
- Created Forms to allow the user to quickly drill-down to any Property of any Site.
Automated the Microsoft Outlook Email messages of Solution Consultants:
- Added a Save command to the Outlook Command Bar.
- Creation a Form with a Combo Box to allow the destination of the Email to be chosen.
- Saved incoming Email messages as .msg files to the selected folder with a changed Subject.