Visual Basic Client Project: Rheem Australia Pty Ltd
Rheem supplies domestic and commercial water heating.
They provide a range of gas, electric, and solar fuelled water heaters.
Programming Project Period:
February 2005 to August 2006
Programming Job Description:
- Conversion of Microsoft Visual Basic 6 (VB6) to VB.Net
- Creation of a Website using ASP.Net
- Created a Visual Basic program that allowed the Rheem employees to update personal information in the Active Directory and in the Global Address List of an LDAP Database.
- Converted Active Directory Services Interfaces (ADSI) VBScripts to Visual Basic.Net.
- Provided a single source of User information that is always up-to-date.
- Allowed system administrators to update all user information.
- Provided a facility to allow a user to search for the details of any user.
- Updated static data held in a SQL Server database.
- Created Visual Basic procedures to
- Provide an ADO connection to the Active Directory Provider. Provide access to SQL Server.
- Provide access to the Active Directory Services Interfaces.
- Extract a user record from the LDAP Database.
- Extract system information, like computer name, domain, user name..
- Identify users belonging to the administrators or domain admins group.
- Update user information in both the LDAP database and a SQL Server database.
- Created a Web site, written in ASP.Net, that duplicated the functionality of the Visual Basic GAL Update program.
- Converted the VB6 code to Visual Basic.Net 2005.
- Designed a new Website for Rheem.
- Built a Master file and added the new Menu Control.
- Converted the Visual Basic.Net code to ASP.Net.