Client Project: Axia Office Pty Ltd
Axia Office are Business Equipment Retailers. Axia Office sell a large range of office supplies – including Laser Multifunction Printers, Toners, Ink, Shredders and Labellers.
Axia Office calculates how much is spent each month, assess ongoing needs, present a proposal that increases reliability & productivity and reduces costs.
Programming Project Period:
August 2016 to January 2018
Programming Job Description:
Microsoft Visual Basic Programmer, VB6 and VB.Net
VB Programming Duties:
Upgrading a VB6 and Access 95 Database system to Visual Basic.Net with a modern version of Microsoft Access.
Conversion of VB6 to Visual Basic.Net:
- Amalgamated 16 Access 95 MDB Databases and converted them to a single ACCDB Database
- Removed Encryption from the ACCDB Database to enhance performance
- Ensured that the VB6 programs would work on Windows 10
- Converted DAO Data controls to ADOdc controls to handle the .ACCDB Database
- Converted DBGrid controls to DataGrid controls
- Upgraded the Crystal Reports 9 (2004) software to Crystal Reports 10 (2016)
- Resolved problems with compatibility mode and the advent of the Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Added Indexes to all joined Tables