Neville Silverman: Technical Abilities
As the Management Information Systems manager of a large Australian Life Insurance Company, I had many years as the hands-on system software architect and developer.
My skills and technical abilities gave the company a competitive advantage over the opposition. The systems that I designed handled growth rates of 100% each year, for many years. Development costs were the lowest in the industry
I have lectured extensively on Performance Tuning throughout Australia, New Zealand, and in the USA.
I have worked for a Software Development house as a Visual Basic Programmer, Analyst and System Designer – providing custom software development support involving Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Basic and SQL Server Database projects.
I have supported various retail and manufacturing companies with their Microsoft Access administration systems.
Summary of Technical Abilities
For any company project or proposed development, I provide:
- Feasibility risk assessment
- Functional specification
- Technical analysis
- Database design
- System and User documentation
- Project management
- Custom-built Microsoft Software solution
The development software tools that I am skilled in are:
Microsoft Programming Software
- Microsoft Visual Basic.Net (VB.Net)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Microsoft ASP.Net for Website Development
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Microsoft SQL Server Database design and programmer
- Microsoft Access Database
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and Outlook)
I develop highly functional Websites using Visual Basic resources:
Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation
- Standards-based HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Data retrieval from a SQL Server Database
- Keyword Research on likely search phrases
- Target Market Research and Target Audience optimisation
- Effective copy-writing for improved Search Engine Rankings
- Analysis of visitor metrics
A Client reference: Peter Mallios – General Manager, Vertikote Group
After experiencing significant crashes and corrupted data in our MS Access based production tracking system, Vertikote engaged the services of Neville Silverman.
This was to review and update this business critical system from Access 97 to Access 2010.
In the two years since the upgrade the system has operated efficiently and without any problems of note.
We appreciate the expertise and in-depth knowledge of Neville, who was able to assist us to overcome the significant problems we previously experienced.
We have no hesitation in recommending his services.
More Client Testimonials